Sunday, December 13, 2009

Why can't people understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

Are people just conditioned to accept their own standard of beauty as law without consideration for what others think or feel?





This is not necessarily a question about westernized, Eurocentric, media driven beauty standards. It's simply about a person finding another person attractive and having to hear crap from people who feel that anything less than their standard is worthy of contempt. I have a tendency to find at least some beauty in almost everything, especially a woman. Maybe I just have to accept that my way is just my way. Maybe I have the problem.





What are your thoughts on this?Why can't people understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
Salma Hayek put it brillantly.


';People often say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it's more liberating when YOU are the beholder.Why can't people understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
You are quite right, I totally agree with you that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, otherwise I wouldn't be able to understand how some people find certain things attractive while I find them awful. For example I do not find any beauty in tattoos and there are lots of people paying for it and proud for having them done. After all is good that everyone is different, otherwise we would be fighting for the same. There is something called the standard in taste, like the colors that you give to your house, the clothes you wear, etc., but there is nothing written after all about taste and about everyone should like. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Yeah I know what you mean, I mean everyone definitely has their own opinion. If they don't wanna date someone outside of their standard of beauty that's one thing, but when they give someone else crap for it then I can see what you mean.





As for me I will always have my opinion, but I won't always say it, I'll just keep it to myself. If anything this is what it really is about though, those who can't keep their not so friendly opinions to themselves.
Ah, yes. I do truly believe that even if someone is ugly by standards set by celebrities/the media/that sorta jazz, they are still beautiful. If people want to spend the rest of their lives with a pretty face, they do. But the people that are truly happy have found the diamonds in the rough. Whether they have poofy lips and battering eyelashes, or bad acne and an overlarge nose. UuU
I agree that no one should tell you what is beautiful. All of us are attracted to different physical aspects of a person, and it should be respected. Like my mother said a long time ago, ';There's somebody for everybody';. I think that is a great ability to see in beauty in most people.
becky a mulatto is still considered a black person and no white girls are not the hottest just the most posterized because the people who run things are usually white. If we want to get into those names i guess iam a octoroon.
i agree 100%. idk why ppl post pictures of girls who they think are pretty and then when someone doestn agree with them they get thumbed down or reported. or even worse, they get called racist. then why the hell are they asking for our opinion?
I believe that America as a whole doesn't accept someone as a beauty queen if they don't have eurocentric features!
That's true, but some people today are ignorant and dont take advices anymore they think they know it all, until they come a cropper then they wished they listened a bit more.
great question
I agree.
I agree 100%
That's an excellent question. People say it all the time, but they rarely practice that belief. I'm always drawn to guys who have something different and unique about their looks. The typical Abercrombie model look is boring to me. So often my friends find the guys that I'm into to be unattractive, and even go so far as to think that I have bad taste in men. (Basing that opinion strictly on their appearance. I believe that I have very good judgment when it comes to other people's personalities. I can usually pick up on little things that indicate what type of person they are.) But anyway, it is sad that people have to push their personal opinions onto others as though it's a case of true vs false, and not just a difference of opinion. I don't let it bother me; if I'm attracted to someone then that's all that matters.
IT IS A SIN TO WORSHIP ANY BESIDES GOD IN THAT CASE YOU WOULD BE WORSHIPING A CREATION DAT MAKES NO SENSE SINCE GOD IS THE CREATOR.CHRISTIANITY HAS STRAYED IN ITS TIME IF YOU WANNA KNOW THE TRUTH PICK UP A QU'RAN THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD IS HIS LAST MESSENGER..........

No comments:

Post a Comment