Sunday, December 13, 2009

Did an unattractive person come up with the saying 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'?

Did they just come up with that to make themselves feel better?Did an unattractive person come up with the saying 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'?
Yes. I feel sorry for ugly people who have to come up with such trite drivel to pump up their self esteem a little bit. They should just face up to the fact that they are ugly, and accept their lot in life.





I mean, everyone can't be good looking. I'm so glad that I was one of the lucky ones.Did an unattractive person come up with the saying 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'?
I have dated hott guys and ugly guys they are all jerks so might as well pick the good looking ones Report Abuse

Yes, I would say the person who coined the saying 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' is not attractive in the conventional sense.





That person is Margaret Wolfe Hungerford (Hamilton). In her novel, Molly Bawn, 1878, there's the line ';Beauty is in the eye of the beholder';. And it's about the main character of the book.





The main character of Molly Bawn is very beautiful (fairest girl in the land), but frivolous, petulant Irish girl, a flirt, who arouses her lover's jealousy and naively ignores social conventions... and who gets killed in the end mistakenly as a tribute. That's typically what happens when you flaunt your beauty and social conventions in a Victorian novel.
Probably not. Look at actors and supermodels, do you find them all ';beautiful';? I know I don't. Think Angelina Jolie Vs Naomi Watts Vs Halle Berry Vs Beyonce Vs Megan Fox Vs Ashley Judd . Does everybody think all of those ladies are beautiful? Probably not. But I'm sure each one has some people who think she is beautiful.





Saying 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' is the same as saying 'Unattractiveness is in the eye of the beholder'.
You'd be surprised! I've seen handsome men with average everyday women. Then, I've seen beautiful women with not so hot guys. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. You may think a girl or guy is ugly, but others may think they are all that! It really depends on the person. Everyone has different opinions and different characteristics that appeal to them.
Well, regardless, there is some truth in it. Basically, it just means that different people find different things attractive. Just look at what different cultures from your own regard as beautiful and you'll see what I mean. If we all were attracted to the same things, life would be severely dull.
Don't you know it! It's like, hey, dude! My GF's best friend is here from Albuquerque and we need a fourth to go out and she has a GREAT personality. Run screaming, my friend, because bow-wow-wow is right around the corner. Face it, ugly fat chicks put out because they have to! I hope someone shoots me before I ever get that desperate.
I think the person was mentioning things and not people.............nevermind, absolutely, I mean, I think I'm beautiful %26lt;----
Probally by someone in LOVE, with someone unpopular.
Actually, it was replaced with the term ';Beer Goggles'; in about 478BC.
no i think a sympathetic person did
Maybe they had an ugly wife and kept saying that to make himself feel better.
Good thing I've got personality AND looks..





Well personality at least.
no.. there's plenty of pretty girls out there that im just not that attracted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment