Saturday, December 26, 2009

Beauty, so they say, is in the eye of the beholder, do you think this is true for poetry as well?

Some rigidly define poetry, other are more free, and some are downright anarchistic about what poetry is. Where do you stand? How far can someone go until they are not writing poetry any longer?Beauty, so they say, is in the eye of the beholder, do you think this is true for poetry as well?
I like peas.Beauty, so they say, is in the eye of the beholder, do you think this is true for poetry as well?
This question is akin to one like ';What is the meaning of life?'; For me, personally, if the poem doesn't engage my senses, I feel that I'm reading prose in verse form.
I write in all styles - whatever strikes my fancy at the moment. I just know when a written piece is not poetry. It reads like a book, with no rhyme or reason behind it.
Anapest is the best of meter and of rhyme.


Trochee, spondee, iamb havin' a great time.


Double dactyl ain't so practical


For each and ev'ry stanza.


Just pen the verse, it could be worse,


If no one unnerstands ya.


Metonymy, synechdoche, simile, litotes,


It's a poem if it hits hoem, each way has its devoties.
Agree with all three (above and beyond that is).
after a good vindaloo i hear poetry all the time. but then again i'm a bit of a reductionist,
I am very free, for I have never been ';schooled'; on what poetry is. I have come to my own conclusion, which is that poetry is all about feeling and expression. As far as how long, I think it all depends on the person.
To me, it is when I do not feel a beat. Until then I am very open.
I think it is true of almost everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment