Saturday, December 26, 2009

Seriously, Is beauty in the eye of the beholder?

Some people say that society is teaching us what is pretty and what is not. I don't know, that is a tough one ... what do you think?Seriously, Is beauty in the eye of the beholder?
People can only try to feed us with their own perceptions,this does not mean that we have to swallow them.Listening to the beating of one';s own heart will always give us the right view of all things.Seriously, Is beauty in the eye of the beholder?
Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.


It is who teaches us to ';behold';


that is the problem nowadays!
Well, I like really tall girls with strong features and straight black hair. I'm 5'11'; and they must be taller than me.





And mean too. I like a woman that scares the sh!t out of lesser men. And very, very kinky!





You will not find this one being taught on TV
Great Question!....Well....I think everyone now a days is being taught what is beautiful.....it is horrible...now if someone isn't *Perfect* , then they aren't considered pretty...it is really sad....
Yes, that is a very good point. I do believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I do think in this society it's all too easily to be influenced as to what is attractive and what isn't. I try not to let society influence me, as I want to think for myself. HTH.
I think it still is in the eye of the beholder. I think models/movie stars that are considered to be beautiful/handsome appeal to the majority of the public, BUT, I don't think there is one person on earth that will be beautiful in everyone's eyes.
of course it isnt





only ugly people say its not





or people who are trying to be nice





who gets laid? ugly people? no. either sluts or attractive people. you dont see ugly people on commercials, right? thats because NOBODY LIKES UGLY PEOPLE
yes, society is TRYING to teach everyone what is ';pretty'; and ';ugly';, ';thin'; and ';fat';. thats RIDICULOUS if you ask me. whos to say what those things are? and compared to who/what? so yes, i totally believe that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....i just wish people today would OPEN THEIR OWN EYES instead of looking through the eyes of others!
yes it is
I think it IS truly in the eye of the beholder. some people find the most unattractive neanderthals to be ';hunks'; while the rest of the world sees them as what they truly are (neanderthals)
In my eyes, ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT...HEAVENS YES!!!!! Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.
society is teaching some most people but the rest are better
It really is in the eye of the beholder. Something that represents beauty to me might not be beautiful for you. Societies idea of beauty is messed up.
No, beauty is in the eye of the culture.... It's a group awareness.
Yes, it is. What I find to be beautiful is different from what other people find beautiful. I think society does push on us what is considered beautiful but I make my own choices.
Society is not trying to teach us what is pretty...society is trying to sell us something. Perhaps it is a fine line, but I believe the real motivation is an important distinction. If they thought that they could make more money by getting people to think they needed to be 500lbs, that's what would be promoted.





Yes, I am classifying society as the media/corporations because they are the ones that are putting out all of the information on what is ';pretty'; through TV and ads.





I do believe beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because you can see something as wonderful and someone else can really dislike it even though we live in the same ';society';. That is the greatness of diversity in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment