Thursday, December 17, 2009

What do you think of the proverb, ';beauty is in the eye of the beholder?';?

There is a proverb that says ';Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,'; I think it is true. This means that something or someone is beautiful, depending on the person who is looking. For example, if my child draws a picture, using many colors and asymmetrical lines, and writes down, ';Dad, I love you';, I think that it is beautiful. But if another person looks at the picture, he may think, ';It's good, but my son drew a better picture.';





A very beautiful article on this discussion has been written by Williams Melendez at the mentioned sourceWhat do you think of the proverb, ';beauty is in the eye of the beholder?';?
I think it is very true; otherwise my husband wouldn't have married me :) Just kidding.





BTW, congrats on being at the top of the points leader board!What do you think of the proverb, ';beauty is in the eye of the beholder?';?
well personaly i take it as beauty is in the eye of the beerholder but just to help you out, i like that saying. mainly b/c its true, you may see someone as absolutly repulsive and you best friend could see them as the most beautiful specimen hes ever see
I think the proverb is very true. The concept of beauty in nature is something that most people can agree on it is when you start talking about people though that the lines start to grey. Most people in todays culture choice the physical beauty of a person over the beauty that they show through there actions, I feel this is wrong. Beauty is a lot more then what you see, the actions for me are of far greater importance.
It is true, many people are attracted to different things, therefore beatiful differs from person to person. I think that it is saying that someone somewhere will think you are beatiful
IT'S STUPID AND DOESN'T MAKE SENSE
i agree with the proverb


some people might think something is beautifull, and other people might disagree.





for example, some people might think freckles are cute, and some people think they are ugly
I think its true because different eyes see different things differently. The brain processed the visual senses and analyses and since people have different brains, its true that they have different tastes and preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment