Sunday, December 13, 2009

Beauty is the eye of the beholder?

If this is true how come the same people are considered attractive regardless of their environment? I know some girls who have moved to like 2-3 different schools and in every school they have been considered one of the hottest girls. Even in college they still get attention for their looks. Explain to me how this is so.Beauty is the eye of the beholder?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.


Not everyone has the same idea of beauty of what beauty is.


Not everyone considers them beautiful,i guarantee you that.Beauty is the eye of the beholder?
Well, they were still in the United States weren't they? In this country, we have a certain standard of beauty--it does not matter that they moved from school to school so much. I am sure that they were very pretty, but if they traveled to another country where the standards of beauty are different from ours and maybe not as Eurocentic, they may not be seen quite as beautiful as they are here. I have been outside of this country, and our role models are not always seen as beautiful abroad. The body type that some of our celebrities have and that we embrace is not exactly seen as healthy or beautiful in other parts of the world. When I traveled to West Africa, a man told me that some of our models look like ';freaks of nature'; and some look similar to aliens. I laughed, but that was his opinion. You can't get angry with someone for not sharing the same standard of beauty as yourself, right? Everyone has their preference and opinions, but we tend to value certain standards of beauty in this country which is why these girls are looked at as attractive regardless of their educational environment. People here often tell me I have an uncommon sort of beauty that I guess is not mainstream in our culture. I take it as a compliment because I like to stand out, but why should beauty only have one face and everyone who does not fit that mold be labeled ';weird'; or ';uncommon';?
Well maybe they are just naturally seen as attractive to everyone.I'm alot like that.I could go anywhere and guys are like ';You are so sexy,hott ect.'; Or maybe it works another way.
truth is, beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, unless you are one that sees personality before looks.
They must have been really hott.
trust me there will be some guys out there who wont find her all that
just means a lot of eyes think they are hot

No comments:

Post a Comment