Thursday, December 17, 2009

Do u think beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

I am writing an essay on ';beauty is in the eye of the beholder';. What do u think? Is it, or is it not? Why do you think so?


What does it mean to say 鈥榖eauty is in the eye of the beholder鈥?


How can ';beauty'; be defined?


How would you structure the essay?


I am anxious to hear your answers!!Do u think beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
I agree


When I hear that saying I always think of the person thats seeing the beauty already knows beauty as it fills their body and come through their eyes. To see beauty you have to be beauty(your ';eyes'; are with helding the beauty)That's what I believe.





some ppl confuse it with the saying ';to each it's own';. but it has a whole different meaning. At times that's why that saying is deep. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, cause behind his/her beautiful eyes they can see beautfiul things.Do u think beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
From my reasoning, everybody is entitled to see beauty in his/her own way. Beauty in the eyes of a beholder means the way a person looks at his/her possession. It might be a dress, a car,husband/wife(sorry).In these cases what matters is what the owner thinks.If i am comfortable with my dress or care then it does not matter much what an expert will tell me.


On the other hand since beauty has certain characteristics and what you own is being seen by others, beauty cannot only be in the eyes of the holder.


So when writing so your essay reason that it is an argumentative essay and you have to defend both sides.


Start by defining beauty,then the expression then you begin with the arguments supporting the expression,then the arguments against then conclude by giving your personal reasoning.


Good luck.
Yes I think, no actually I am sure, that the statement is correct. It simply means that different people have different perspectives and what appears to be beautiful to me might appear horrendous to someone else and vice-versa. Beauty cannot be defined because it is different to everyone therefore there cannot be one defined beauty. Now about structuring the essay....this depends on what type of writer you are. I would probably write a short story to emphasize that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. But maybe you would like to take a more philosophical approach in your essay, it's your choice. Hope this helps!
Of course it is!





I think this guy is really really cute. My best friend doesn't.





It's all about perspective. No two people can define, with certainty, what ';beauty'; is. Everyone has their own opinion. My definition of a beautiful poem is one that speaks to me emotionally, and means something to me. Even if someone else has that same definition--that beautiful poetry speaks to you emotionally--we might have different opinions on if a poem is beautiful.





Beauty can be defined, simply, as something with a pleasing quality.





I would structure the essay... hmmm... first, describing something beautiful. Something I truly thought was beautiful, whether it was a person, or a piece of artwork, or scenery. I would tell why I thought it was beautiful, and why someone else wouldn't think it was beautiful.





Then, I would just go from there.





Good luck!
Strangely, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I found different qualities in guys growing up. First, it was the face. After being sexually harassed or demeaned in middle school, I liked shy guys. Then I started liking gothic guys (sub-culture or click), because they seemed real and in tuned with things people don't see or poetic darkness etc., and then I found I had obsessive issues searching for love nowhere anywhere. I walked alone for 3 years, then I met my soul mate, and it's been 5 years together. Everyone possesses beauty. What we hate and love in ourselves is reflected on everyone we see. That's why lovers argue too. There's a window in a soul, and if you dare to enter, it is wise to see the core of beauty despite any brambles.
Similarly like taste there is no clear definition of beauty and one has to figure out for oneself what the eye and the brain accepts as beautiful. Beuaty is in the eye of the beholder even though whole industries have made it their business to tell us what is beauty and what is not. However, this nis nothing than psychological warfare in order to the dollar out of your pocket.
I think beauty is in the eye of beholder...


because


a) beauty can be determined by a number of things...personality, intellect and like the outside..


b) oppinions of what outer beauty is can change..


e.g. alot of my friends think it's beautiful to have big boobs and a butt...


whereas I find that being flat chested and bony is beautiful


lol it changes all the time...





By the way I'm 14 so don't take my word for it.
Ideally...yes. But there are whole industries that have specific guidelines for what beautiful is defined as, for better or worse.


So, it's a nice sentiment, but unrealistic when so many are quick to judge people and objects by their own system of beauty.
yes it is. because one person can find another really really attractive while others struggle to see why they like that person. i think it has a lot to do with personality. so what i might find attractive u may not.
I truly believe it is.


Beauty is only dictated by you.


If i would say, ';that is beautiful'; while looking at a flower, someone else might say it's ugly.


It's you own take on things.
most definetly. everyone has their own perception as to what beauty is.

No comments:

Post a Comment