Thursday, December 17, 2009

I am using the phrase Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Should this be in quotation marks?

I'm writing a paper (its been a while) and I am using the generalized phrase Beuty is in the eye of the beholder How should it appear:





It is said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder


or


It is said that ';Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,';? I am using the phrase Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Should this be in quotation marks?
No. Do NOT put it in quotes. Because you are not naming it as a direct quote with the name of the person who originally said it, it does not go in quotes.








However, It would go in quotes only if you said something like





Johnny Blum said that, ';Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.'; I am using the phrase Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Should this be in quotation marks?
Yes, put it in quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment