Sunday, April 25, 2010

If ';beauty is in the eye of the beholder'; then why do people get pissed when you don't find them attractive?

take for example the ';Beauty'; section.





People there ask ';Am I Pretty?'; ';Am I handsome?'; ';Do you think I'm attractive?';





If you say ';yes you're pretty/handsome'; you get at least 3 thumbs up (even if they look ridiculous) but if you say ';no not really(no offense)'; you get like 5 thumbs down.





So if beauty is subjective and a matter of opinion then shouldn't people deal with undesirable opinions as well as the desirable ones?If ';beauty is in the eye of the beholder'; then why do people get pissed when you don't find them attractive?
thats why i never ask that question. people who do are either fishing for compliments or they are insecure. they dont know how to assure themselves so they ask others to do it for them.If ';beauty is in the eye of the beholder'; then why do people get pissed when you don't find them attractive?
So much attention is placed on appearance. Our society pressures attractiveness. No one wants to be considered ugly. It's also about being secure %26amp; confident in your own skin. At my age 34 %26amp; my life, I don't need to post a picture %26amp; get reassurance that I'm ';pretty';. I am a striking woman, some think beautiful, some don't. My face is more classic, old Hollywood, %26amp; I have a curvy womanly (not obese) body.





I've heard the negative. My grandmother comments on how much weight I've gained every time I see her. Last time, I told her I gained so much I'm going to be the fat lady in a carnival freak show. That shut her up for about 5 minutes. The nurse and my mom about died, they were laughing so hard. It did hurt me a bit, but I wasn't about to let her know that.
Pride. We all want every beholder to find us beautiful.





I agree that its unfair for them to lash out if say you don't find them attractive, but you shouldn't be surprised if they get upset.
They're looking for ego boots. They have a subjective mindset when they type the question. That's why. They are not looking for objectivity.
Many people want to feel validated and know they are desirable to some extent.Plus some people put some really mean answers
Oh because they just want some more confidence... thats all.

No comments:

Post a Comment