Friday, January 8, 2010

Do you think wanting skin, eyes, beauty from another culture is cool?

Like lets say, a person who has a perfect brown tan skin wants pale skin, with blue eyes.


Or someone with blonde and blue eyes want brown eyes and tan skin.


I just wanted to know if this is a true fact? Well except those who say i love me for who I am... We all do but do you think some people envy it? In a good way.. :]Do you think wanting skin, eyes, beauty from another culture is cool?
The grass is always greener... so they say. It isn't really cool or uncool, at least I don't think so. I think it's natural to wonder what it would be like to experience different features. When I was little (grew up in the 80's) the common idea of beauty was tall, blonde hair and blue eyes (barbie dollish). Oh how I wished I had blonde hair and blue eyes....You rarely saw dark haired supermodels, it just wasn't the norm. There were a few and they were considered exotic even if they were all American.





Beauty has changed so much now. It is very different now then it was even just 20 years ago. It is now a truly eclectic mix of all different hair and eye color... full figured and thin. I would say the idea of 'beautiful' has evolved.Do you think wanting skin, eyes, beauty from another culture is cool?
No. I think it's unhealthy and pointless.
I sometimes do but then you have to turn around and think, ';Hey, that will never be me.';. But its a cool daydream though! ;]
I have admired the beauty of other races and cultures. I don't exactly want to be them, but I do enjoy their diversity. I think that is cool.
I think it's normal to want what you don't have. Girls with poker-straight hair envy the girls who have naturally curly hair, and the naturally curly girls are spending big money on flat irons.





Same goes for someone with beautiful, very dark eyes, so dark that you can barely see their pupils, wanting light blue eyes.





There are ways to emulate these things without making permanent changes; hair dyes, colored contacts, makeup tips. It's when somebody gets so wrapped up in trying to permanently look like someone they're not, is when it can become a problem.
alot of people want what they dont have


too bad none of us can choose what we look like

No comments:

Post a Comment